Well belated Merry Christmas to everyone! If you didn't get our Christmas letter with an updated picture of us, that's because they didn't make it into the mail (Yet!). We hope everyone had a wonderful celebration!! Ben's been home on vacation with us the 19th and doesn't go back until Monday, which has been very nice!
Our Christmas was nice and very low-key. We went to my folks on Christmas Eve since Dad's schedule was horrible for Christmas Day. We had a lovely time in our home on Christmas morning and ended the day with Ben's family. The day after, the women in my family went to our annual Olive Garden lunch. It was simply delicious! (and paid for with a gift card we received from Jason & Shell).
Ben's maternal Granny, has been living here since the end of summer, but her health has gotten worse. She got accepted to a rehabilitation center to help her walk again. We went and visited her there the day after Christmas and gave her a gift. The kids loved giving her hugs. She especially loved kissing Josie. Wesley even gave Granny a kiss and told her, "I love you, Granny. Granny, I love you." Unfortunately though she passed away (but peacefully) on Tuesday. We are grateful for the opportunity we had to get to know her and the love we shared. I'm especially grateful that all of us helped her feel like part of a family.
We're having a memorial for her on Saturday, even though it'll just be local family. Uncle Todd is having a hard time letting go of Granny, so we're hoping this will help him.
I'm not having a great start in the new year, though. We are currently waiting in the E.R. I would've gone to my doctor, but I forgot it's a holiday today! So everyone was closed except for the E.R. After speaking to the doctor on call we ended up here because of his recommendation. So we're still waiting. Thank goodness for a laptop and wireless internet to keep us entertained. We even watched a Star Trek movie to help pass the time. I just hope I can be treated SOON and get home. Not to mention, I'm starving!
2 comments:
I am so sorry to hear about Pam's mother. If there is anything I can do please let me know. What is wrong with you? I hope whatever it is you are feeling better!
I'm sorry to hear about Ben's grandmother. I'm glad the kids got to spend one more Christmas with her...I'm also sorry about you having to go to the ER...I hope everything is ok now??? (I didn't know they had wireless internet at the ER...I'll have to remember that one ;0)
Post a Comment