Monday, April 21

And this quote really hit home . . .

. . . does it do the same for you?

"Third, even as you try to cut out the extra commitments, sisters, find some time for yourself to cultivate your gifts and interests. Pick one or two things that you would like to learn or do that will enrich your life, and make time for them. Water cannot be drawn from an empty well, and if you are not setting aside a little time for what replenishes you, you will have less and less to give to others, even to your children. Avoid any kind of substance abuse, mistakenly thinking that it will help you accomplish more. And don’t allow yourself to be caught up in the time-wasting, mind-numbing things like television soap operas or surfing the Internet. Turn to the Lord in faith, and you will know what to do and how to do it."
-Elder M. Russell Ballard (emphasis added)

8 comments:

McCarthas said...

I really liked this one about setting time aside to do something that replenishes you. I know that is true for any woman. Thanks.

FoxFamily said...

It's amazing how much time gets sucked up when I just sit in front of the computer. This was a good talk! Thanks for reiterating it!

Megan B ♥ said...

LOL, as long as it's productive blogging and not mind-numbing surfing :) He's the same one who encouraged us to have blogs, you know, LOL!

Kira =] said...

Yeah Megan, but how much blogging have I been doing? and how much more surfing have I been doing? Lots more on the latter I can tell you! =]

-R said...

Nope. Doesn't ring a bell. I mean, I must be 8 or 9 years since I've seen "All My Children".

I don't surf at all anymore, I just make the rounds on the family's blogs and check the news.

It's pretty cool.

cptdad said...

I'm with "R". I just check the family blogs and Fox News. Give the kids a big hug and kiss for me. Love ya. Mean it.

Abigail said...

I loved his talk!! I especially love that it was coming from a man, and a man who acknowledges that what we're doing is HARD!! His talk is one of the reasons I've been sewing more!

wilkinson family said...

lol, made a comment similar to this on a couple blogs up and then scrolled down and read this.